Adhering to current COVID-19 executive orders, the Office of Veterans Services continues to be available for assistance.
- The office is open to the staff and answering phone calls directly at 908-704-6329 along with e-mails and all other inquiries.
- For Veterans presenting with ONLY if you have symptoms of COVID-19, free testing is available. Click here for the VA NJ Health Care System website for up-to-date information --> VA NJ Health Care
- For most updated info direct from the VA, visit their website --> https://www.newjersey.va.gov/
- VA phone, call 1-800-827-1000
- Online Gateway to Veteran Benefit information --> VA/DoD Benefits
For veterans and their families who are homeless or at risk of being homeless, the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program at Soldier On continues to be operational via phone. Veterans needing enrollment into the program and services can call their 24/7 hotline at 866-406-8449.
Peter Niemiec, Director
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
- Provides counsel, information, and referral to county veterans of military service and their families.
- Assists with the application process for benefits from the Veterans Administration and other federal and state agencies.
- Orchestrates the issuance of internment memorial markers and grave flags.
- Maintains a close liaisonship with county veterans' organizations.
- Provides assistance for memorial and patriotic ceremonies.
Visit the Wall of Honor to see the Somerset County residents who are currently serving in the U.S. military.
Read our most recent Somerset County Veterans Services Update - a summary of the many programs and services provided through this office.
Current Resources accessible to Veterans:
- American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Gateway to Benefits information
- Marine Corps League
- NJ Department of Military Veterans Affairs Benefits and Veterans Guide
- Online Resource for Earned Benefits
- Operation Autism a Resource Guide for Military Families
- TRICARE for Military Retirees
- Veterans Affairs Forms
- Veterans Health Administration
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Veteran Service Records