Show Us Somerset County Through YOUR Camera Lens!
Winning Entries will Receive Honorarium
October 1, 2020 – November 30, 2020
Vibrant connections happen every day in Somerset County and we need your help to capture these moments!
Whether you are an amateur or professional photographer living in Somerset County, you are invited to submit photos that showcase our vibrant communities, historic sites, engaging community events such as fairs, concerts or parades, picturesque natural landscape and recreational opportunities.
The Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders, in cooperation with the county Cultural & Heritage Commission and the Somerset County Business Partnership, invites residents to participate in the fifth annual “Show Us Somerset County Through Camera Lens” photo contest.
Submissions must be the original work of the applicant and not previously entered in this photo contest. A panel of judges will select two winners for each theme, as well as an overall contest winner, up to a total of 9 winners! Each photographer whose artwork is selected as a winning entry will receive a $50 honorarium. The overall contest winner will receive a $100 honorarium in lue of the $50 honorarium for their photograph.
The themes this year are in five categories:
- Community (Comm) – show us the vibrant community within your neighborhood.
- Historic Sites (Hist) – buildings, reenactments or other areas and events of historic significance to Somerset County (some inspiration).
- Natural Environment (NatEn) – parks, wildlife, lakes, rivers, forests, golf courses, etc.
- Recreational Opportunities (RecOpp) – Somerset County offers many venues for recreation; show us your favorite activities. For example, wellness activities (e.g. hiking, biking, etc.) or leisure activities (e.g. golfing, dog walking, gardening, arts and culture engagements, etc.)
- Creativity during COVID (Cov) – We have created a miscellaneous grab bag category to showcase your creativity during these trying times. Have you taken up a new hobby? Painting? Family fun night?
Please read the following submission instructions and contest rules carefully. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
Made possible by funds from the Somerset County Cultural & Heritage Commission, a partner of the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
Instructions and Rules • Subject Release Form