Due to the holidays and high volume of material Recycling pick ups have been delayed. Our Recycling crews are out there working on picking up everything as soon as they can, please leave material outside. Thanks for your patience!
John T. Kendzulak, Jr., Recycling Superintendent
|Mail:||40 Polhemus Lane, Bridgewater, NJ 08807|
- Collects recyclable materials from county residents, public schools, municipal and county facilities.
- Recyclables are processed into marketable post-consumer commodities.
- Provides First Saturday of the Month Recycling Drop-Off Program to county residents.
Melissa D. Harvey, Manager of Solid Waste
|Mail:||20 Grove Street, P. O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring of solid waste disposal methods for the county.
- Conducts periodic Household Hazardous Waste disposal programs.
- Coordinates the Adopt-A-Road and Backyard Composting Programs for Somerset County.
- Recycling Coordinator establishes prices through quoting of commodities in the various markets. Designs and implements special recycling programs throughout the county. Assists municipal recycling coordinators in program operations.
Drop-off Events and important information for Somerset County residents:
- 2021 Recycling Collection Schedule - PDF
- Christmas Tree Recycling Drop-off
- How-To Guide - PDF
- Recycling Newsletter - PDF
- Talking Trash Newsletter - PDF
- Composting & Grasscycling
- Electronic Waste Drop-Off Opportunities
- First Saturday of the Month Drop Off Events
- Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Events
- Rx Medicine Drops & Home Medical Waste Information
- 2020 Recycling Tonnage Report
- NJDEP's Recycling Page
- NJDEP's Electronic Waste Website
Proof of Somerset County residency is required (current driver's license, valid lease, tax bill or any other bill with a Somerset County address) for Household Hazardous Waste, Electronic Waste, Tire, and First Saturday of the Month drop-off events. Pre-registration is not required. No businesses allowed. No Commercial vehicles are permitted at these events.
Also download our new app: Recycle Coach