John T. Kendzulak, Jr., Recycling Superintendent
|Mail:||40 Polhemus Lane, Bridgewater, NJ 08807|
- Collects recyclable materials from county residents, public schools, municipal and county facilities.
- Recyclables are processed into marketable post-consumer commodities.
- Provides First Saturday of the Month Recycling Drop-Off Program to county residents.
Melissa D. Harvey, Manager of Solid Waste
|Mail:||20 Grove Street, P. O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring of solid waste disposal methods for the county.
- Conducts periodic Household Hazardous Waste disposal programs.
- Coordinates the Adopt-A-Road and Backyard Composting Programs for Somerset County.
- Recycling Coordinator establishes prices through quoting of commodities in the various markets. Designs and implements special recycling programs throughout the county. Assists municipal recycling coordinators in program operations.
Drop-off Events and important information for Somerset County residents:
- 2019 Recycling Collection Schedule - PDF
- How-To Guide - PDF
- Recycling Newsletter - PDF
- Composting & Grasscycling
- Electronic Waste Drop-Off Opportunities
- First Saturday of the Month Drop Off Events
- Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Events
- Rx Medicine Drops & Home Medical Waste Information
- 2018 Recycling Tonnage Report
- NJDEP's Recycling Page
- NJDEP's Electronic Waste Website
Proof of Somerset County residency is required (current driver's license, valid lease, tax bill or any other bill with a Somerset County address) for Household Hazardous Waste, Electronic Waste, Tire, and First Saturday of the Month drop-off events. Pre-registration is not required. No businesses allowed. No Commercial vehicles are permitted at these events.
Also download our new app: Recycle Coach