Update: December 4, 2018
The purpose of this page is to provide information on current construction projects involving Somerset County roads, bridges, traffic signals, and major parks projects. The page is updated when there is a change to the status of a project.
More detailed information about each individual project can be found in the side menu of this page or by clicking on each individual project name below.
Information regarding projects that are currently under design can be found on the side menu of this page or on the Projects Under Design page.
County Construction Projects
Hollow Road Bridge C0302, Montgomery Township [UPDATED 11/26/2018]
Lloyd Road Bridge G1403, Bernardsville Borough [UPDATED 11/30/2018]
Other Construction Work (e.g. utility work)
- Main Street Railroad Overpass - Main Street (CR 533) in Manville Borough will be CLOSED starting Tuesday, 12/4/2018 at 8:00PM until 5:00AM (Wednesday) for overnight repair work on the railroad overpass bridge located just south of Brook Boulevard. A local detour will be posted for the segment of Main Street (CR 533) closed between Brooks Blvd and Camplain Rd. Repair work will be performed by Norfolk Southern Railroad's contractor. (Updated 12-4-2018)
- Mettlers Road Bridge G0601 - Metters Road, located 1/2 mile north of Amwell Road and 1 mile south of Weston Road, Franklin Township, was closed this afternoon (10/23/2018 1:30PM) for emergency bridge repairs. Concrete barriers are in place on either side of the bridge, which is located between Duck Pond and Mettlers Pond. Bridge Closed signage is in place at Amwell Road and Weston Road intersections. Colonial Drive off of Mettlers Road can still be accessed from Weston Road. Due to periods of heavy rains and area flooding, water lowering efforts at Duck Pond and upstream ponds have been hampered. Dewatering efforts continue and bridge repairs will begin once water levels are able to be lowered. At this time we now estimate that bridge repairs will be completed by end of December 2018, weather permitting. (Updated 11-30-2018)
- Greenbrook Road in North Plainfield will have a moving road closure, with a detour in place, from Rock Avenue to West End Avenue for new gas main installation by Public Service. Working hours are 9am to 4pm, and will last approximately 3 months. (Posted 7/26/18)
- Intersection of Terrill Road & Shopping Center (formerly Sears) Driveways, Watchung Borough. A new traffic signal is being constructed at this intersection as part of the new development. Construction is to begin on 10/15/18. (Posted 10/12/18).
- Mercer County Bridge #350.3 Replacement - Cherry Valley Road, between Province Line Road and Great Road, in Princeton/Montgomery Twp, will be closed to through traffic starting on or about Tuesday, October 23, 2018 for bridge replacement and reconstruction of approach roadway. This is a full road closure with posted detour along Province Line Road, Georgetown-Franklin Turnpike (CR 518) and Great Road (CR 601). Anticipated duration of construction is 90 days, weather permitting. Mercer County lead project. (Posted 10/19/18)
Information about state transportation projects:
Information about municipal transportation projects:
For additional information on current construction projects affecting county roads, contact the Engineering Division.