The Somerset County Cultural & Heritage Commission offers professionally-led workshops, periodic conferences and roundtable sessions to provide Technical Assistance, Professional Development & Networking opportunities to benefit cultural organizations’ staff and board members, as well as individual artists.
- Social Media Marketing for Cultural Institutions
Date: November 29, 2017 (two sessions offered: 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM or 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
Location: 20 Grove Street, Somerville (County Admin. Bldg.) Engineering Conference Room 2nd Floor; parking available in the deck located off East High St.
Cultural and Arts Organizations are uniquely positioned to benefit from Social Media Marketing. By definition they are content creators and they appeal to well defined target audiences. This interactive presentation/workshop will provide attendees with an overview of the Social Media landscape and an actionable plan on how to use it effectively. Topics covered will include:
- A review of the major Social Media sites
- The best way to utilize each one
- Determining which platform is right for you
- Return On Investment and defining success
- Creating a content strategy
- The content calendar and other tools
- Visual content: images and video
- Using Social Media with email marketing
- Growing your following
- Paid media: What is it? How to best use it?
- Donation and ticket sales
Space is limited and registration is required!