Historic Preservation Grant Program
The Historic Preservation Grant Program is administered by the Somerset County Cultural and Heritage Commission with assistance from County Planning Board staff. Eligible applicants for funds from the program are Somerset County government, municipal governments within Somerset County and non-profit organizations as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code of 1986 whose purpose includes historic preservation. Eligible property criteria include historic sites, which are listed or certified as eligible to be listed on the New Jersey Register of Historic Places or contribute to a historic district listed on the New Jersey Register. Acceptable activities include the acquisition, stabilization, rehabilitation, restoration and/or the preservation of a historic site, as well as plans and reports related to the implementation of a historic preservation project, National Register of Historic Places nominations and required project signs.
- Somerset County Historic Preservation Grant Program Summary
- Historic Preservation Grant Program Guidelines-2020
- Historic Preservation Grant Program Application Form-2020 - Grant Deadline Extension: June 5, 2020
- Historic Preservation Grant Program by Project 1999-2018
- Historic Preservation Grant Program Summary By Municipality -1999-2018
These funds were made possible from the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders through the Somerset County Open Space, Recreation, Farmland and Historic Preservation Trust Fund.