Kaitlin Bundy, Manager
|Mail:||20 Grove Street, P. O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
Programs and Services Overview
- Administers 3 annual grant programs for Somerset County (SC): the NJ State Council on the Arts State/County Partnership Local Arts Program Grant; SC Historic Preservation Grant Program; and the NJ Historical Commission County History Partnership Program Grant..
- Plans/administers an annual Somerset County Teen Arts Festival, arts education program, offering professionally-led master classes and critique sessions in 7 artistic disciplines benefitting 1,300+ teens
- Plans/promotes Somerset County’s Weekend Journey through the Past, an annual countywide collaborative heritage tourism program.
- Initiated/administers a public art project, Gallery 24/7: Art on Traffic Control Boxes to expand the reach of the arts to broaden and diversify public exposure, interest in, and access to the arts; expand exhibition opportunities for NJ visual artists; and welcomes tourism to Somerset County.
- Plans/sponsors a biennial Excellence in the Arts Awards Program to celebrate and publicly recognize leadership and vision of those who have increased the visibility and viability of the Fine & Performing Arts in Somerset County.
- Plans/presents a biennial Historic Preservation & History Awards Program to increase public awareness of historic preservation, and publicly recognize and commend individuals and organizations for their contributions in preserving our County’s sense of history.
- Maintains a comprehensive survey of all historic sites in Somerset County.
- Maintains/updates public resource directories: Guide to Somerset County Fine & Performing Arts Organizations; as well as, Guide to Somerset County to History & Preservation Organizations.
- Plans/presents professionally-led workshops, periodic conferences and roundtable sessions to provide Technical Assistance, Professional Development & Networking opportunities to benefit cultural organizations’ staff and board members, as well as individual artists
- Coordinates/provides public gallery exhibition space for county artists in the SC Cultural & Heritage Gallery, Student Gallery @ 40 North Bridge, and 3-D display cases offering 12+ public exhibitions yearly; Initiates/plans special initiative exhibitions, as well.
- Plans/presents Arts Outreach Programs.
- Coordinates projects that effect historic sites with appropriate federal and state agencies; Reviews County projects for historic impact, and cooperates with other county government divisions on projects of mutual interest.
- Provides information, suggestions, & referrals in response to public inquiries; Maintains a reference library of cultural resources available for loan or in-house use to local non-profit organizations.
- Represents Somerset County at the State level in matters involving arts, history and preservation.
- Partners with the Friends of Somerset County Culture & Heritage, a separate non-profit organization, on activities to increase the Commission’s capacity to benefit cultural development in Somerset County.
The SCC&HC is committed to facilitating equal access to programs, services and resources for all people without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability.