Kaitlin Bundy, Manager
Mail: 20 Grove Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876
Programs and Services Overview
- Administers 3 annual grant programs for Somerset County (SC): the NJ State Council on the Arts State/County Partnership Local Arts Program Grant; SC Historic Preservation Grant Program; and the NJ Historical Commission County History Partnership Program Grant.
- Plans/administers an annual Somerset County Teen Arts Festival, arts education program, offering professionally-led master classes and critique sessions in 7 artistic disciplines benefitting 1,300+ teens.
- Plans/promotes Somerset County's Weekend Journey through the Past, an annual countywide collaborative heritage tourism program.
- Initiated/administers a public art project, Gallery 24/7: Art on Traffic Control Boxes to expand the reach of the arts to broaden and diversify public exposure, interest in, and access to the arts; expand exhibition opportunities for NJ visual artists; and welcomes tourism to Somerset County.
- Plans/sponsors a biennial Excellence in the Arts Awards Program to celebrate and publicly recognize leadership and vision of those who have increased the visibility and viability of the Fine & Performing Arts in Somerset County.
- Plans/presents a biennial Historic Preservation & History Awards Program to increase public awareness of historic preservation, and publicly recognize and commend individuals and organizations for their contributions in preserving our County's sense of history.
- Maintains a comprehensive survey of al historic sites in Somerset County.
- Maintains/updates public resource directories: Guide to Somerset County Fine & Performing Arts Organizations, as well as, Guide to Somerset County History & Preservation Organizations.
- Plans/presents professionally-led workshops, periodic conferences and roundtable sessions to provide Technical Assistance, Professional Development & Networking opportunities to benefit cultural organizations' staff and board members, as well as individual artists.
- Coordinates/provides public gallery exhibition space for county artists in the SC Cultural & Heritage Gallery, Student Gallery @ 40 North Bridge, and 3-D display cases offering 12+ public exhibitions yearly; Initiates/plans special initiative exhibitions, as well.
- Plans/presents Arts Outreach Programs.
- Coordinates projects that effect historic sites with appropriate federal and state agencies; Reviews County projects for historic impact, and cooperates with other county government divisions on projects of mutual interest.
- Provides information, suggestions, & referrals in response to public inquiries; Maintains a reference library of cultural resources available for loan or in-house use to local non-profit organizations.
- Represents Somerset County at the State level in matters involving arts, history and preservation.
- Partners with the Friends of Somerset County Culture & Heritage, a separate non-profit organization, on activities to increase the Commission's capacity to benefit cultural development in Somerset County.
The SCC&HC is committed to facilitating equal access to programs, services and resources for all people without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
Made possible by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the New Jersey Historical Commission.