Residents have two more chances to place canned goods in plastic bags at the curb to help keep food bank shelves stocked during the summer months.
Try to stay hydrated and as cool as possible during this heatwave.
06/30/2018 11:27 AM
You can get free email or text alerts in the event of inclement weather that affects county roads, programs or services.
Vector-borne illnesses are on the rise nationwide, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
The Somerset County Department of Health has been named to the 2017-18 New Jersey Influenza Honor Roll.
05/01/2018 3:30 PM
New Jersey’s governmental public health system is in the process of being modernized to ensure the highest level of local health department practice and performance.
To support this process, new regulations for public health were developed and, in February 2003, the Public Health Practice Standards of Performance for Local Boards of Health in New Jersey (NJAC 8:52) were adopted.
The potential benefits of the new regulations are:
- Improved health and a healthier population
- Improved identification and handling
of emergencies and disasters
- Improved data collection and analysis, leading to better decision making
- Increased ability to focus resources, target areas of need and develop justifications for additional funding
- Increased capacity to partner with private and nonprofit health systems to leverage resources
- Greater statewide capacity and infrastructure to strengthen all local programs.
Please visit the links below for additional information including:
- Public Health Practice Standards for Local Boards of Health in NJ
- Annual Local Health Evaluation Reports
- Boards of Health in NJ
- Performance Evaluation of Local Health Departments
- Community Health Improvement Plans