Eligible county residents can receive well-woman exams on-site. Pre-registration is required.
10/19/2017 12:18 PM
New and gently-used coats, mittens, gloves, scarves and hats for children are being collected.
10/16/2017 2:11 PM
Get rid of unwanted meds from around your home.
10/11/2017 11:41 AM
You can help provide a Thanksgiving meal to a family in your community.
10/10/2017 4:06 PM
Get rid of the clutter: ‘First Saturday,’ e-waste, and household hazardous waste drop-off opportunities.
09/27/2017 2:33 PM
Residents, first responders are invited to consider this convenient option.
09/27/2017 11:55 AM
New or gently-used children's winter clothing is being collected now through Oct. 31 by the Commission on the Status of Women.
09/19/2017 3:49 PM
The Office of Volunteer Services is recruiting volunteers to help elderly and disabled county residents with fall leaf clean-up.
09/14/2017 2:11 PM
New Jersey’s governmental public health system is in the process of being modernized to ensure the highest level of local health department practice and performance.
To support this process, new regulations for public health were developed and, in February 2003, the Public Health Practice Standards of Performance for Local Boards of Health in New Jersey (NJAC 8:52) were adopted.
The potential benefits of the new regulations are:
- Improved health and a healthier population
- Improved identification and handling
of emergencies and disasters
- Improved data collection and analysis, leading to better decision making
- Increased ability to focus resources, target areas of need and develop justifications for additional funding
- Increased capacity to partner with private and nonprofit health systems to leverage resources
- Greater statewide capacity and infrastructure to strengthen all local programs.
Please visit the links below for additional information including:
- Public Health Practice Standards for Local Boards of Health in NJ
- Annual Local Health Evaluation Reports
- Boards of Health in NJ
- Performance Evaluation of Local Health Departments
- Community Health Improvement Plans