A raccoon found in the area of Lake Road in Far Hills has tested positive for rabies.
03/14/2018 4:30 PM
For the third year in a row, a national survey has ranked Somerset County among the top three healthiest counties in New Jersey.
03/14/2018 12:00 PM
If you're 50 or above, or have family risk factors, be sure to get screened for colorectal cancer, which is one of the most preventable cancers.
03/12/2018 4:00 PM
A Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) is a long-term plan to addresses public health problems within a community. Community Health Improvement Plans are important because they help create policies, priorities, and define a vision of health within a community. They also address the strengths, weaknesses, challenges, and opportunities within that community that can be used to help improve the overall health of residents.
The CHIP is used by local health departments, other government agencies, and community partners to set priorities and coordinate resources.
Information retrieved from CDC.
Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan & Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
2016 Community Health Improvement Plan (Middlesex/Somerset)
2016 Community Health Needs Assessment (Middlesex/Somerset)
2012 Community Health Needs Assessment Toolbox(Middlesex/Somerset)
- 2012 Fact Sheet
- Community Health Needs Assessment Full Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment Quick Guide
Past Community Health Improvement Plans and Community Health Needs Assessments:
- Community Health Improvement Plan: 2012-2015
- Appreciation Letter
- Executive Summary: Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- CHNA Powerpoint Presentation
- Middlesex and Somerset* Counties Community Health Improvement Plan: September 2013 (* southeast section)
- Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan Summary
- Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan Summary with Metrics
- The Somerset County Community Health Improvement Plan (2007)