Residents have two more chances to place canned goods in plastic bags at the curb to help keep food bank shelves stocked during the summer months.
Try to stay hydrated and as cool as possible during this heatwave.
06/30/2018 11:27 AM
You can get free email or text alerts in the event of inclement weather that affects county roads, programs or services.
Vector-borne illnesses are on the rise nationwide, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
The Somerset County Department of Health has been named to the 2017-18 New Jersey Influenza Honor Roll.
05/01/2018 3:30 PM
A Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) is a long-term plan to addresses public health problems within a community. Community Health Improvement Plans are important because they help create policies, priorities, and define a vision of health within a community. They also address the strengths, weaknesses, challenges, and opportunities within that community that can be used to help improve the overall health of residents.
The CHIP is used by local health departments, other government agencies, and community partners to set priorities and coordinate resources.
Information retrieved from CDC.
Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan & Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
2016 Community Health Improvement Plan (Middlesex/Somerset)
2016 Community Health Needs Assessment (Middlesex/Somerset)
2012 Community Health Needs Assessment Toolbox(Middlesex/Somerset)
- 2012 Fact Sheet
- Community Health Needs Assessment Full Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment Quick Guide
Past Community Health Improvement Plans and Community Health Needs Assessments:
- Community Health Improvement Plan: 2012-2015
- Appreciation Letter
- Executive Summary: Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- CHNA Powerpoint Presentation
- Middlesex and Somerset* Counties Community Health Improvement Plan: September 2013 (* southeast section)
- Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan Summary
- Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan Summary with Metrics
- The Somerset County Community Health Improvement Plan (2007)