Eligible county residents can receive well-woman exams on-site. Pre-registration is required.
10/19/2017 12:18 PM
New and gently-used coats, mittens, gloves, scarves and hats for children are being collected.
10/16/2017 2:11 PM
Clinics will be in North Plainfield, Franklin and Somerville.
09/27/2017 10:41 AM
Get rid of unwanted meds from around your home.
10/11/2017 11:41 AM
You can help provide a Thanksgiving meal to a family in your community.
10/10/2017 4:06 PM
Get rid of the clutter: ‘First Saturday,’ e-waste, and household hazardous waste drop-off opportunities.
09/27/2017 2:33 PM
Residents, first responders are invited to consider this convenient option.
09/27/2017 11:55 AM
New or gently-used children's winter clothing is being collected now through Oct. 31 by the Commission on the Status of Women.
09/19/2017 3:49 PM
The Office of Volunteer Services is recruiting volunteers to help elderly and disabled county residents with fall leaf clean-up.
09/14/2017 2:11 PM
A Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) is a long-term plan to addresses public health problems within a community. Community Health Improvement Plans are important because they help create policies, priorities, and define a vision of health within a community. They also address the strengths, weaknesses, challenges, and opportunities within that community that can be used to help improve the overall health of residents.
The CHIP is used by local health departments, other government agencies, and community partners to set priorities and coordinate resources.
Information retrieved from CDC.
Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan & Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
2016 Community Health Improvement Plan (Middlesex/Somerset)
- 2016 Community Health Improvement Plan
2016 Community Health Needs Assessment (Middlesex/Somerset)
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment
2012 Community Health Needs Assessment Toolbox(Middlesex/Somerset)
- 2012 Fact Sheet
- Community Health Needs Assessment Full Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment Quick Guide
Past Community Health Improvement Plans and Community Health Needs Assessments:
- Community Health Improvement Plan: 2012-2015
- Appreciation Letter
- Executive Summary: Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- CHNA Powerpoint Presentation
- Middlesex and Somerset* Counties Community Health Improvement Plan: September 2013 (* southeast section)
- Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan Summary
- Healthier Somerset Strategic Plan Summary with Metrics
- The Somerset County Community Health Improvement Plan (2007)