Somerset County Continues Free COVID-19 Testing Mobile Site Program with Bound Brook Clinic on Feb. 3
COVID testing is available at the Imperial from 3 p.m. to 7p.m.
01/27/2021 4:52 PM
Everyone Who Received 1st COVID Vaccine Dose at RVCC Will Be Notified of 2nd Dose Appointment by Feb 1
Somerset County announced today that anyone who was vaccinated at its Raritan Valley Community College site will be notified via email of their second dose appointment by Monday, February 1 regardless of the system they used to register.
01/27/2021 4:45 PM
Somerset County has transitioned to the state's pre-registration and appointment system. All people vaccinated through this system will receive an email providing them with a second appointment. This is a change from the process previously used by Somerset County.
Somerset County expanded its COVID vaccine distribution program today to include residents 65 years and older at its primary clinic at Raritan Valley Community College.
01/18/2021 2:00 PM
The Somerset County Department of Health (SCDOH)will sponsor a COVID-19 testing at the North Plainfield Fire Department, located at 8 Lincoln Place, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 22.
01/15/2021 5:29 PM
New Jersey’s governmental public health system is in the process of being modernized to ensure the highest level of local health department practice and performance.
To support this process, new regulations for public health were developed and, in February 2003, the Public Health Practice Standards of Performance for Local Boards of Health in New Jersey (NJAC 8:52) were adopted.
The potential benefits of the new regulations are:
- Improved health and a healthier population
- Improved identification and handling
of emergencies and disasters
- Improved data collection and analysis, leading to better decision making
- Increased ability to focus resources, target areas of need and develop justifications for additional funding
- Increased capacity to partner with private and nonprofit health systems to leverage resources
- Greater statewide capacity and infrastructure to strengthen all local programs.
Please visit the links below for additional information including:
- Public Health Practice Standards for Local Boards of Health in NJ
- Annual Local Health Evaluation Reports
- Boards of Health in NJ
- Performance Evaluation of Local Health Departments
- Community Health Improvement Plans