All 2/2 Appointments Will Be Honored at The Same Time on 2/4 at Raritan Valley Community College
02/01/2021 2:20 PM
Somerset County Continues Free COVID-19 Testing Mobile Site Program with Bound Brook Clinic on Feb. 3
COVID testing is available at the Imperial from 3 p.m. to 7p.m.
01/27/2021 4:52 PM
Everyone Who Received 1st COVID Vaccine Dose at RVCC Will Be Notified of 2nd Dose Appointment by Email
Somerset County announced today that anyone who was vaccinated at its Raritan Valley Community College site will be notified via email of their second dose appointment regardless of the system they used to register.
01/27/2021 4:45 PM
Somerset County has transitioned to the state's pre-registration and appointment system. All people vaccinated through this system will receive an email providing them with a second appointment. This is a change from the process previously used by Somerset County.
Somerset County expanded its COVID vaccine distribution program today to include residents 65 years and older at its primary clinic at Raritan Valley Community College.
01/18/2021 2:00 PM
Summer can bring extremely hot temperatures!
It's important to prepare and stay safe during hot weather!
Follow these guidelines to stay safe, healthy, cool and hydrated:
- Wear appropriate clothing - choose lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Stay in an air-conditioned place as much as possible.
- Try to limit your outdoor activity to when it's coolest, like morning or evening hours.
- Cut down on exercise during the heat.
- Wear sunscreen! Sunburn affects your body's ability to cool down and can make you dehydrated.
- Never leave infants, children, or pets in a parked car, even if the windows are cracked open.
- Drink more fluids, regardless of how active you are. Do not wait until you're thirsty to drink.
- Make water your beverage of choice during extreme heat over soda to prevent dehydration.
- Offer to help people in your neighborhood who may have limited access to air conditioning.
- Take extra precaution with children, the elderly, and people with disabilities or special medical needs to ensure they don't get too hot.