Somerset County expanded its COVID vaccine distribution program today to include residents 65 years and older at its primary clinic at Raritan Valley Community College.
01/18/2021 2:00 PM
The Somerset County Department of Health (SCDOH)will sponsor a COVID-19 testing at the North Plainfield Fire Department, located at 8 Lincoln Place, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 22.
01/15/2021 5:29 PM
Testing will be held every Wednesday in January
01/08/2021 1:34 PM
Somerset County Vaccinates Community Health Workers in Preparation for Extensive COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout
Approximately 140 Somerset County community health personnel will receive their initial shots today.
12/29/2020 2:53 PM
Anyone who may have been in contact with this kitten is encouraged to contact their health care provider.
12/17/2020 5:08 PM
Summer can bring extremely hot temperatures!
It's important to prepare and stay safe during hot weather!
Follow these guidelines to stay safe, healthy, cool and hydrated:
- Wear appropriate clothing - choose lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Stay in an air-conditioned place as much as possible.
- Try to limit your outdoor activity to when it's coolest, like morning or evening hours.
- Cut down on exercise during the heat.
- Wear sunscreen! Sunburn affects your body's ability to cool down and can make you dehydrated.
- Never leave infants, children, or pets in a parked car, even if the windows are cracked open.
- Drink more fluids, regardless of how active you are. Do not wait until you're thirsty to drink.
- Make water your beverage of choice during extreme heat over soda to prevent dehydration.
- Offer to help people in your neighborhood who may have limited access to air conditioning.
- Take extra precaution with children, the elderly, and people with disabilities or special medical needs to ensure they don't get too hot.