Although our facilities are closed to the public, Somerset County government remains operational so we can provide essential services to our residents.
03/23/2020 3:51 PM
Residents are urged to limit their exposure by staying home.
03/25/2020 7:05 PM
The county is setting up a drop off site in Hillsborough to collect PPE.
03/22/2020 3:27 PM
Lets county request assistance and resources from state & federal government.
03/21/2020 8:31 AM
Somerset County's leaders will continue to keep residents informed.
03/20/2020 10:13 AM
Summer can bring extremely hot temperatures!
It's important to prepare and stay safe during hot weather!
Follow these guidelines to stay safe, healthy, cool and hydrated:
- Wear appropriate clothing - choose lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Stay in an air-conditioned place as much as possible.
- Try to limit your outdoor activity to when it's coolest, like morning or evening hours.
- Cut down on exercise during the heat.
- Wear sunscreen! Sunburn affects your body's ability to cool down and can make you dehydrated.
- Never leave infants, children, or pets in a parked car, even if the windows are cracked open.
- Drink more fluids, regardless of how active you are. Do not wait until you're thirsty to drink.
- Make water your beverage of choice during extreme heat over soda to prevent dehydration.
- Offer to help people in your neighborhood who may have limited access to air conditioning.
- Take extra precaution with children, the elderly, and people with disabilities or special medical needs to ensure they don't get too hot.