Get text messages whenever county programs or services have delays or closings due to severe weather.
01/09/2018 2:30 PM
January is National Radon Awareness Month
01/09/2018 11:45 AM
The county Prosecutor's Office and Department of Human Services are collaborating on strategies to address the growing problem of opioid drug abuse.
01/03/2018 2:00 PM
Nov. 20 is Public Health Thank You Day and an opportunity to recognize and thank health professionals.
11/20/2017 3:30 PM
Over 200 comfort bags, $1,700 in gift cards and baskets for individual distribution were donated to breast cancer patients at RWJ Somerset Hospital.
10/26/2017 12:39 PM
Early detection and lifestyle modifications were the focus of the event. On-site was a mobile health van for residents to receive well-woman exams.
10/26/2017 11:27 AM
September is National Preparedness Month and a time to evaluate how ready you are.
09/01/2017 1:02 PM
The plan enables state, county and local governments to work collaboratively to define potential hazards and mitigation solutions.
08/23/2017 11:42 AM
Thanks to curbside and online donations, this year's Curbing Hunger Month program exceeded its goal of 50,000 pounds.
08/16/2017 11:18 AM
Somerset County was one of 16 employers honored at the second Healthy Workplace Awards breakfast.
06/20/2017 11:18 AM
Paul Masaba, MD., Director and Health Officer
|After Hours:||For emergencies, dial 9-1-1|
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
Directions to Somerset County Department of Health
HOT TOPICS: FLU PREVENTION
- See events calendar for this week's flu clinics!
- Seasonal Flu Cleaning Tips: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/seasonal-flu/contamination_cleaning_english_508.pdf
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Schools and Other Places To Help Slow the Spread of Flu: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/school/cleaning.htm
What We Do:
The Somerset County Department of Health is dedicated to fostering healthy lifestyles and a safe environment through effective leadership in public health, comprehensive planning, development of proactive community partnerships and a continued commitment to public health service. Additionally, SCDOH is the lead agency responsible for countywide Public Health emergency planning and response activities.
SCDOH provides essential public health services to our contract communities including:
- Public Health Administration
- Health Education
- Environmental Health
- Public Health Nursing
- Communicable Disease Control and Prevention
- Maternal and Child Health
- Adult Health Programs
SCDOH also provides and supports essential services throughout the County and the region, including:
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Health
- Regional Chronic Disease Coalition
- TB Control
Who We Serve:
The Somerset County Department of Health serves as the Health Department to our contracted communities:
- Bedminster (including Pluckemin, Pottersville)
- Far Hills
- Franklin (including East Millstone, Franklin Park, Kingston, Middlebush, Griggstown, Little Rocky Hill, Somerset, Zarephath)
- North Plainfield
If you live in any other township, please contact your local health department .