A raccoon found in the area of Lake Road in Far Hills has tested positive for rabies.
03/14/2018 4:30 PM
For the third year in a row, a national survey has ranked Somerset County among the top three healthiest counties in New Jersey.
03/14/2018 12:00 PM
If you're 50 or above, or have family risk factors, be sure to get screened for colorectal cancer, which is one of the most preventable cancers.
03/12/2018 4:00 PM
Paul Masaba, MD., Director and Health Officer
|After Hours:||For emergencies, dial 9-1-1|
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
Directions to Somerset County Department of Health
HOT TOPICS: FLU PREVENTION
- See events calendar for this week's flu clinics!
- Seasonal Flu Cleaning Tips: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/seasonal-flu/contamination_cleaning_english_508.pdf
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Schools and Other Places To Help Slow the Spread of Flu: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/school/cleaning.htm
What We Do:
The Somerset County Department of Health is dedicated to fostering healthy lifestyles and a safe environment through effective leadership in public health, comprehensive planning, development of proactive community partnerships and a continued commitment to public health service. Additionally, SCDOH is the lead agency responsible for countywide Public Health emergency planning and response activities.
SCDOH provides essential public health services to our contract communities including:
- Public Health Administration
- Health Education
- Environmental Health
- Public Health Nursing
- Communicable Disease Control and Prevention
- Maternal and Child Health
- Adult Health Programs
SCDOH also provides and supports essential services throughout the County and the region, including:
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Health
- Regional Chronic Disease Coalition
- TB Control
Who We Serve:
The Somerset County Department of Health serves as the Health Department to our contracted communities:
- Bedminster (including Pluckemin, Pottersville)
- Far Hills
- Franklin (including East Millstone, Franklin Park, Kingston, Middlebush, Griggstown, Little Rocky Hill, Somerset, Zarephath)
- North Plainfield
If you live in any other township, please contact your local health department .