Douglas J. Vornlocker, Director
|Phone:||908-725-5070 or 908-231-7000|
|Mail:||P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
|Location:||402 Roycefield Road, Hillsborough, NJ 08844|
The duties of the Somerset County Office of Emergency Management include the following:
- Emergency Management Planning
- Emergency Services Training Academy
- Hazardous Materials Response Team
- County Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- County Animal Response Team (CART)
- Search and Rescue Team (SAR)
- National Incident Management System Compliance
- Fire Coordination
- EMS Coordination
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTACTING EmergencyMgmt@co.somerset.nj.us:
We are currently experiencing a high volume of emails, resource requests, and general inquiries related to COVID-19. In order to ensure a timely response please take note of the following:
Resource Requests / Inquiries:
- If you are a private business, healthcare facility or similar entity, you MUST follow through on your typical procurement process.
- If you are unable to procure needed items, your request must be routed to your Municipal Office of Emergency Management.
- The County is currently accepting donated items Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm @ 410 Roycefield Road, Hillsborough 08844
- Link to press release: https://www.co.somerset.nj.us/Home/Components/News/News/3690/17
Individuals seeking volunteer opportunities:
- Please send an email to EmergencyMgmt@co.somerset.nj.us and provide your name and the municipality you reside in. Please also provide any information regarding your training or experience.
Somerset County Conference Resources:
After much thought and consideration, the Somerset County Office of Emergency Management has decided to cancel the 2020 Somerset County Emergency Management Conference which was scheduled for June 10th, 2020.
This was not an easy decision for our office to make since last year’s conference was a very rewarding event; however for the health and safety of our participants, it was a choice we had to make. We look forward to re-evaluating the COVID-19 incident as the year progresses so we can plan for our next Emergency Management Conference.
Thank you for your continued support throughout this difficult time.