As a result of the COVID-19 Virus, the Family Crisis Intervention Unit's office is currently closed to the public for in-person appointments. However, we continue to support our community:
- Staff are available in the office to provide telephonic intervention from 8:30 am - 8:00 pm Monday through Thursday and from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm on Friday.
- We are always available for after-hours crisis intervention 24/7 365 days a year.
Marla Mathews, Director
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday
The FCIU serves children and families who are in crisis as a result of any or all of the following: juvenile-family conflicts, serious threat to the well-being and physical safety of a juvenile, runaway behavior, youth involved in human trafficking, or youth who are truant from school. The Unit provides immediate intervention, assessment, family therapy, and case management services in an effort to stabilize the crisis and avoid the need for court involvement and/or placement. Staff is available after business hours for emergencies 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
The FCIU will facilitate involvement with the court in order to protect a child whose safety remains at risk despite exhaustion of services and community resources.
In addition, the FCIU, upon receipt of a court order, provides Risk Assessments to the Superior Court in cases involving domestic violence.
- Crisis response (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Crisis intervention and stabilization.
- Short-term family treatment.
- Case management.
- Linkage to community resources.
- Collaboration with school and other community agencies.
- Facilitate court involvement and/or placement if child remains at risk.
Referrals to the FCIU are welcome from any person/agency. The child and family must live in Somerset County and the child must be under the age of 18.
No fee for crisis intervention and court involvement.
In Case of a Psychiatric Emergency
Please contact Bridgeway's Psychiatric Emergency Screening Services (PESS) at 908-526-4100.
This service can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.