The Somerset County Youth Council was established to give young people a forum where their ideas and concerns can be expressed and conveyed to the Board of Chosen Freeholders. Members are actively solicited from middle schools and high schools (both public and private) in Somerset County. Activities of the council are coordinated by the students.
Youth Council members develop ideas for programming that can be implemented in the community and school systems.
- Youth and Administration
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Adopt-A-Road Project
- Diversity Dialogues
- Donation of School Supplies to Community Children
- Somerset County Spring Event for Teens
- Somerset County Youth Council 4-H Fair Booth
- Youth Conferences
- Youth Leadership Somerset, Youth Council Member Participation
- Advocacy on Issues Pertaining to Youth
- Donation of Can Goods to a Food Bank
The Youth Council meets from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month. Meetings are held at the Somerset County Human Services Building located at 27 Warren Street, Somerville.