Heather Hahn, Program Administrator
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
The Somerset County Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC) operates a 12-hour program for persons convicted of alcohol or drug-related driving or boating offenses. The IDRC detains, educates, and screens all participants. Based upon screening criteria, participants may be referred to a substance use treatment provider for further evaluation. If referred and treatment is recommended, the IDRC will monitor enrollment in treatment services. The IDRC is also responsible for reporting non-compliance to the sentencing court and the New Jersey Intoxicated Driving Program (IDP).
IDP schedules all DUI offenders for the 12 or 48 hour IDRC based upon the court conviction. For more information regarding IDP and what to expect at the IDRC, please review the following:
Somerset County IDRC Class Information
The IDRC class begins at 4pm; LATE ATTENDEES WILL NOT BE ADMITTED! You will be rescheduled if you are not on time. You must be present for the full 12 hours and attend both days consecutively.
In the event of cancellations: call Somerset County IDRC at 908- 704-6304; check the county website; listen to FM 101.5 or check their website: http://nj1015.com/closings
The IDRC Class is held in Conference Room # 1 of 27 Warren Street, Somerville, NJ. Warren Street is located between Veterans Memorial Drive East and East Main Street. Approximately 2 blocks from Somerville train station. Information on county shuttles is available below. No transportation is provided. Parking is available in the visitor’s lot on side of building; entrance to the lot is on Warren Street.
The cost of the class is $264.00 Money Order or Certified Check ONLY, pay to the order of “Treasurer Somerset County”. No other types of payment shall be accepted. Payment is accepted on the first night of class only (no prior payment).
What To Bring
- Photo ID is required; you will be rescheduled if you are unable to present a picture identification (i.e. driver’s license, passport/visa, work/school ID, etc.)
- Class fee must be paid the first night of class; you will not be admitted without payment.
- Bring a brown bag lunch; food will not be provided nor will you be able to leave the premises. Snack and soda machines are accessible and there is a refrigerator and microwave for use.
- If you are currently in an alcohol/drug treatment program or have completed treatment since your last violation, please bring signed documentation from the treatment provider which includes admission date, completion date, and aftercare recommendations.
*If you do not understand or read English, please speak with a staff member to make arrangements. Si usted no entiende o leer en inglés, favor de hablar con un miembro del personal para hacer arreglos*
If you need to reschedule your class, you must speak with a staff member; reschedules cannot be accommodated through e-mail. There should be sufficient reason to reschedule and documentation may be requested.
Please note that due to HIPAA and Federal confidentiality rules (42 CFR Part 2), we cannot communicate with anyone who is not the IDRC client without signed consent.
- Motor Vehicle Commission - Intoxicated Driving Program
- Motor Vehicle Commission DUI information
- NJ Alcoholics Anonymous
- NJ Narcotics Anonymous
- State Department of Health, IDP