Touchstone Intensive Support Service
Touchstone is a structured therapeutic environment which meets 3 times a week for 3 hours each day and typically runs for 8 to 12 months. It is a good treatment option for individuals needing more support than once-a-week counseling or those who have recently completed a hospitalization.
Touchstone will help individuals build on foundational mental health skills that will help them to successfully identify and manage their stressors and triggers.
BENEFITS OF TOUCHSTONE INTENSIVE SUPPORT SERVICE PARTICIPATION
- Stabilization and reduction of psychiatric symptoms
- Adherence to medications and treatment goals
- Education to support the recovery process
- Guidance and support to participate in community-based services, including self-help groups
- Decreased disruptive effects related to psychiatric symptoms and behaviors
- Improved relationships with family and supports
- Return to daily life
EXAMPLES OF SOME OF THE SERVICES WE OFFER IN TOUCHSTONE
- 9 hours of group therapy
- Case management
- Participation in ZHII and associated Wellness Activities
- Individual Therapy as indicated
- Medication Monitoring
- Group meets Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (1:00-4:00 PM)
In Case of a Psychiatric Emergency
Please contact Psychiatric Emergency Screening Services (Bridgeway PESS) at 908-526-4100.
This service can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.