Monica Mulligan, Director
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
Responsible for insuring fiscal and programmatic management for juvenile detention and alternative to detention programs for Somerset County youth ages 12 -18. There are seven programs that operate out of this division:
- Juvenile Detention for court-involved youth who require secure care.
- Home Detention Program (HDP)** for court-involved youth who can safely return to the community with electronic monitoring.
- Advanced House Arrest (AHA) for lower risk court-involved youth who require some supervision in the community.
- Juvenile Justice Intensive Case Management (JJICM) for court-involved youth who need case management assistance in order to prevent secure placement or to reintegrate into the community after a period of secure care.
- Advanced Station House Adjustment (ASHA) which provides a community service program for youth who have committed a Disorderly Person (DP) offense, Petty Disorderly Persons (PDP) offense or who have been charged with an offense in the municipal court; and who have previously participated in a Station House Adjustment; with the goal of discouraging youth from re-offending and progressing further into the juvenile justice system.
- QAL (Question & Answer Line) a resource line for families of youth who have had police and/or court contact:
QAL Line: 908-704-6355 QAL Email: QAL@co.somerset.nj.us
Somerset County Firewatch Program for youth in need of risk assessment due to inappropriate behavior and/or fascination with fire.
**In addition to serving youth from Somerset County, the Home Detention Program currently provides program services to Hunterdon County youth in need of electronic monitoring services at a contracted per diem rate.