COVID-19 Services Update
At this time while our nation is experiencing an unprecedented public health crisis due to the COVID-19 virus, Somerset County's Juvenile Institutional Services (JIS) team continues to support the youth and families participating in its programs. JIS continues to closely monitor youth who are court ordered to the Home Detention and Advanced House Arrest programs. Intensive case management services are being provided via phone and e-mail to all its program youth and families. JIS is in constant contact with Middlesex Juvenile Detention Censure to ensure the health and well-being of Somerset County youth currently placed in that facility.
Monica Mulligan, Director
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
Responsible for insuring fiscal and programmatic management for juvenile detention and alternative to detention programs for Somerset County youth ages 12 -18. There are seven programs that operate out of this division:
- Juvenile Detention for court-involved youth who require secure care.
- Home Detention Program (HDP)** for court-involved youth who can safely return to the community with electronic monitoring.
- Advanced House Arrest (AHA) for lower risk court-involved youth who require some supervision in the community.
- Juvenile Justice Intensive Case Management (JJICM) for court-involved youth who need case management assistance in order to prevent secure placement or to reintegrate into the community after a period of secure care.
- Advanced Station House Adjustment (ASHA) which provides a community service program for youth who have committed a Disorderly Person (DP) offense, Petty Disorderly Persons (PDP) offense or who have been charged with an offense in the municipal court; and who have previously participated in a Station House Adjustment; with the goal of discouraging youth from re-offending and progressing further into the juvenile justice system.
- QAL (Question & Answer Line) a resource line for families of youth who have had police and/or court contact:
QAL Line: 908-704-6355 QAL Email: QAL@co.somerset.nj.us
Somerset County Firewatch Program for youth in need of risk assessment due to inappropriate behavior and/or fascination with fire.
**In addition to serving youth from Somerset County, the Home Detention Program currently provides program services to Hunterdon County youth in need of electronic monitoring services at a contracted per diem rate.