County-Operated Senior Centers Extend Closures
Office on Aging & Disability Services Closed to Walk-Ins
All Somerset County-operated senior centers will continue to adhere to public health guidelines for the safety of clients and caregivers by remaining temporarily closed until July 1.
The Office on Aging & Disability Services is temporarily closed to walk-ins, but the staff is available to answer questions via telephone. Clients who are seeking assistance can call 908-704-6346 or toll-free at 1–888 –747–1122 and leave their name, phone number and a brief message. Calls will be returned as soon as possible.
Meals on Wheels will continue to operate on an adjusted schedule until Friday, June 5. Regularly scheduled meal deliveries that occur on Monday through Friday are expected to resume beginning June 8. For more information, call 908-704-6346 or toll-free at 1–888 –747–1122.
County-operated senior wellness centers are operated by the Somerset County Office on Aging and Disability Services. The multi-purpose facilities offer a variety of activities including educational programs, health and wellness information and a stimulating social setting.
Sign up for NJ Register Ready –
If you are elderly or have special needs, be sure to register with New Jersey Register Ready. The emergency services rescue teams will then know where you are and what they need to do to meet your needs in emergency situations.
The New Jersey registration website allows residents with special needs and their families, friends and associates an opportunity to provide information to emergency response agencies, so emergency responders can better plan to serve special needs individuals and their families in a disaster or other emergency.
The information collected is confidential and will not be available to the public; it will be held securely and only used for emergency response and planning.
Click to register--> Registration Webpage.
Joanne Fetzko, Executive Director
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
- Is a designated Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC), designed to streamline access to long-term care support services, health promotion, and education.
- Links seniors, their caregivers, and adults with disabilities to the programs and services needed to remain independent and active in the community
ADRC Toll-Free Number: 1-888-747-1122
Benefits and Services
Nutrition and Wellness Programs
- Nutrition Program/Senior Centers
- Meals on Wheels Program
- Wellness Program
- Information and Assistance
- Benefits Screening
- Comprehensive Assessments
- Care Coordination and Options Counseling
- The Plan Ahead Project
- Telephone Reassurance
- Family caregiving support, education, and respite type services
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
- Jersey Assistance for Community Caregiving (JACC) Program
- Veterans’ Administration Home-and Community-Based Service Program
- Project Lifesaver