Robert J. Klingel, Director
|Mail:||20 Grove Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
- Designs, develops, oversees, recommends, and maintains the county network and associated equipment locally and remotely; providing service to approximately 1,600 networked users.
- Verifies all purchases as they relate to computer hardware, software, and miscellaneous equipment.
- Designs and maintains in-house network applications and systems.
- Responsible for the Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telephone system and related equipment.
- Responsible for the county’s security system, cameras, and card readers.
- Provides shared service network support to the Somerset County Library system, municipal health departments, the Board of Social Services, Somerville and Raritan Boroughs, and the county’s senior centers.
- Designs, develops, supports, and monitors (remote and local) wireless communications.
- Develops and maintains private cloud access for remote access into the network.
- Responsible for the county’s electronic document management system (EDMS).