Veterans Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

VETERANS PEDDLER'S LICENSE - Veterans residing in Somerset County may apply for a Veterans Peddler's License. You must be an honorably discharged veteran and you must apply in person at the Clerk's Office. You will need to provide your DD-214 discharge papers and proof of  Somerset County residency. This permit allows you to vend in the State of New Jersey. There is no fee for this service.

VETERANS DISCHARGE FILING - Veterans can register their DD-214 Discharge Papers with the County Clerk's Office. Registering this form affords the veteran the security of knowing that his/her records are permanently recorded. This is especially important since certified copies of this document may be necessary to verify your veteran status. There is no fee for this service. 

VETERAN ID CARDS - Veterans are eligible to receive a Veteran ID Card. The Veteran ID Card is a photo ID which lists the branch of service that the individual was discharged from. Once you file your DD-214 with our office, you may apply for a Veteran ID Card. There is no fee for this service. **The Veteran ID Card cannot be used as a government issued ID**