To get COVID questions answered, please submit your questions online to get a quick response.

Emergency Assistance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
We can pay for temporary emergency shelter, food, and in some cases clothing and household furnishings for homeless persons who are eligible for TANF and/or SSI under certain circumstances. This assistance is also available to TANF and SSI recipients who are victims of domestic violence.

Temporary emergency shelter, as well as assistance with rent, security deposits or utilities, can also be provided for certain homeless persons who are not recipients of the above programs. The type and amount of assistance given depends on the availability of funds and the ability to provide a more long-term solution to the problems of homelessness.

In all circumstances, a social worker is available to function as an advocate for the individual family in working with landlords, shelter operators and utility companies in order to obtain services that are needed.