John P. Maddocks, Director
|Phone:||908-218-4300 Ext. 25|
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, PO Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board (GRWDB) works to ensure that workforce education and training investments help meet the talent needs of employers. The GRWDB is directly responsible for oversight of Greater Raritan Career Services, a provider of re-employment education and training resources to individuals, and member of the NJ Career Connections network.
The GRWDB serves both Hunterdon County, NJ and Somerset County, NJ. The volunteer board is comprised of business, education, labor, economic development, and community leaders who analyze local workforce conditions, oversee the use of federal funds, and set workforce investment policy.
The GRWDB has established the following strategic priorities that guide the daily work of the organization:
- Focus on sector strategies consistent with the New Jersey State (Economic Development) Plan and the New Jersey Combined (workforce development) Plan.
- Build strategic alliances with partners, including those in the economic development arena.
- Coordinate outreach to the business community among the various entities currently engaged in contacting businesses.
- Focus our strategies on career paths versus simply employment.
- Recognize the role that transportation plays in employment.
- Develop additional revenue streams and re-think our finances.
To learn more about the functions of the Board, please review The GRWDB Member Orientation Guide & Handbook.
To learn more about how the GRWDB can help serve the human resource talent needs of your business or to become involved contact us at Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board.
For more information, please visit the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board webpage.
If you are an individual in need of job search assistance or employment related training please contact Greater Raritan One Stop Career Centers.