Thank you for your interest in applying to Youth Leadership Somerset!
We begin our outreach efforts in the early spring season. The following timeline can help you prepare to apply:
- The application form is available on our website for completion in April. In addition to your personal and school information, we ask you to complete several essay-type questions designed to provide insight into your level of interest in leadership and in Somerset County. All applicants must provide one letter of recommendation.
- All applicants must have the permission of their parent or guardian to apply.
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to check the session dates with their other commitments and obligations before applying. Dates will be listed with the application information.
- Applications are typically due around May 15; the exact due date will be listed on the application and on the website when the application period is open. We do not extend the deadline and typically receive 2 to 3 times the number of applications than space available in the class. Applicants may need to re-apply the following year to increase the chance of selection.
- All applicants are advised of their status (accepted or declined) by June 30.
- Accepted applicants begin the program year in September.
Sign up to receive email alerts about Youth Leadership Somerset, including when the application for the next program year is available. Simply provide your email address and select Youth Leadership Somerset from the News list.