Participating in Leadership Somerset has many Benefits:
Benefits to You as a Participant:
- Heightened awareness of available resources and issues through nearly 100 hours of learning experiences.
- The opportunity to enhance your own leadership skills through a curriculum that enhances the capacities of positive leadership.
- A better understanding of how the public and private sectors work together, as well as opportunities for improvement.
- Personal growth through gaining a better understanding of yourself and learning how to work with others to get things done.
Benefits to Your Employer:
- Program fellows bring stronger leadership skills to the workplace by expanding their capacities of authenticity, purpose, advocacy, resilience, community building, reason, and gratitude.
- Fellows strengthen teamwork, project management, and problem solving skills through their small group and class project experiences.
- Program fellows have access to a network of key community leaders and business resources.
- Involved companies gain new insights into community issues and strengthen their recognition in community affairs.
Benefits to our Community:
- This program provides a broad-based pool of committed individuals sensitive to the diverse populations and issues in our community.
- Program fellows are prepared to take action in shaping our community’s future, becoming involved as volunteers, board members, public office candidates and informed resources in their communities.
- Leadership Somerset encourages the development of creative partnerships between the public and private sectors.
Read our About Leadership Somerset brochure for more detailed information about this program.