Alicia Noon, Accounting and Special Projects Supervisor
|Mail:||20 Grove Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
- Coordinates the grant application process for county divisions, including researching sources of funding for new grants.
More About Grants:
Somerset County receives approximately 100 grants annually from the Federal and state government. The total amount of grant funding awarded varies year to year and has ranged between $20 - $30 million annually in recent years. Somerset County uses federal and state grants to provide a variety of programs and services such as:
- nutrition and home-delivered meals programs for senior citizens
- road and bridge improvements
- body armor for sworn county law enforcement and corrections officers
- homeland security and emergency response activities
- alcohol and substance abuse prevention programs
- traffic safety improvements
- mental health and public health services
Somerset County will occasionally subgrant (pass-through) certain federal and state grant funds to municipalities within the county or nonprofit agencies (serving county residents) for the provision of specific services. Announcements about these types of opportunities are posted on the RFP Opportunities page.
Information about the federal Community Development Block Grant and HOME Investment Partnership program is found on the Community Development page. Information about the State/County Partnership Local Arts Program, the State/County History Partnership Program Grant, and the Historic Preservation Grant Program is found on the Cultural and Heritage Grant Programs page.