Somerset County is hosting a Diversity Festival at the Administration Building located at 20 Grove Street.
Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Anyone and Everyone Are Welcome!
The event is free and open to the public. Enjoy games and activities for kids. Be the first in line for face-painting starting at 11 a.m.
See exhibits that will provide diversity-related materials with information about programs and county services from local agencies and organizations. Visit interactive stations that focus on diversity and inclusion.
Watch unique performances by artists. Shows will be held on two stages located near the historic fountain on the corner of Main and Grove streets and in Veteran's Plaza.
Sample food from vendors selling ethnic cuisines.
Don't forget to bring a chair and stay after for the Fireman's Parade.
Free parking and transportation will be available. Visitors can park at the Bernie Field Parking Deck located off High Street, and at the parking deck located at 27 Warren St. Scroll down for the bus schedules.
Artists / Performers
- Somerset 4-H Chinese Culture Club, 11:30-11:40 a.m.
- Xochiquetzal Mexican Dance Troupe, 11:40 a.m. -12 p.m.
- Swing Combo Salsa Band, 12-12:45 p.m.
- Betyarok Hungarian Dance Troupe,12:45-1:15 p.m.
- TaiChi Demonstration, 12:45-1:15 p.m.
- Tyrone Stackhouse Project 1:15-1:45 p.m.
- Somerset County Police Pipes and Drums, 1:45-2:15 p.m.
- Universal African Dance and Drum Ensemble, 2:15-3 p.m.
- Cafe Picasso
- King Tut
- Main St. Gourmet Deli
- Turf, Surf & Earth
- The Arc of New Jersey
- Assoc. of People w/ Tourette's
- Cancer Support Community
- Downtown Somerville Alliance
- Hunterdon Vocational Schools
- National Federation for the Blind
- Leadership Somerset
- PROUD Center
- Provident Bank
- SC Library
- SC Park Commission
- Unity Bank
- US Census
The Transportation Department will provide FREE shuttle transportation, one day only, to and from this fantastic event!
- Shuttle #1 will cover parts of Hillsborough, Manville and Somerville.
- Shuttle #2 will cover parts of North Plainfield (High school & West End Middle School) and Bound Brook via Union Ave.
- Shuttle #3 will cover parts of Somerset, Franklin, South Bound Brook and Bound Brook via Talmage Ave.
KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR UPDATES!
|Event sponsored by the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders
with the cooperation of the Somerville Downtown alliance.
|Made possible by funds from the Somerset County Cultural & Heritage Commission,
a partner of the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.