Donations Sought for Adopt-A-Family Program
Somerset County Freeholder Director Asks Residents to Give Thanks by Donating
SOMERVILLE, NJ – The Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders is sponsoring the Adopt-A-Family program for the 11th year to help county families who are in-need enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner. Somerset County Freeholder Director Shanel Y. Robinson encourages residents to donate if they are able.
“If you are fortunate enough to be able to enjoy a turkey dinner this year, then count your blessings,” said Freeholder Director Robinson. “So many families are struggling right now. We are asking residents who are able to donate $48, which is the cost of a Thanksgiving dinner for a large family, however any amount you can give will help families during this difficult year.”
Donors can send a check made payable to any of the following local programs:
- Food Bank Network of Somerset County, P.O. Box 149, Bound Brook, NJ 08805
- Franklin Food Bank, P.O. Box 333, Somerset, NJ 08875-0333
- Feeding Hands Inc., C/O Emmanuel Church, 100 Grant Ave., Somerville, NJ 08876 or
C/O Manville Reformed Church, 238 S. Fifth Ave., Manville, NJ 08835
- Hillsborough Food Pantry, Attn: Social Services Department, 379 South Branch Road, Hillsborough, NJ 08844
- Reformed Church of Bound Brook, P.O. Box 347, South Bound Brook, NJ 08880
- SHIP – Samaritan Homeless Interim Program, 87 East High St., Somerville, NJ 08876
Donations must be postmarked by Saturday, Nov. 21 to reach the organizations in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Please write Adopt-A-Family on the memo line with the name of the town where donors would like their monetary donations sent. Click here to complete and print a donation form.
The Food Bank Network, SHIP and Feeding Hands Inc. serve residents throughout Somerset County; the Franklin and Hillsborough programs primarily serve residents within those towns, and the Reformed Church serves both Bound Brook and South Bound Brook.
For more information, call the Food Bank Network at 732-560-1813 or click here; the Franklin Food Bank at 732-246-0009 or click here; Feeding Hands Inc. at 908-397-6452 or click here; the Hillsborough Social Services Department at 908-369-3880; the Reformed Church of Bound Brook at 732-356-9345 or click here; and SHIP at 908-393-9545 or click here.
# # #