Nominees Sought for ‘Profiles of Positive Aging’ Recognition
Honoring Older Americans Month in May
Somerset County Freeholder Shanel Y. Robinson has announced that the Office on Aging and Disability Services is seeking nominations for its “Profiles of Positive Aging” annual recognition ceremony. Nominees must be residents age 60 and above who are engaged in their community, lead healthy lives and have a positive impact on others. The registration form must be received by Monday, April 29.
Selected honorees will be recognized by the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders on Tuesday, May 28, in the freeholders’ meeting room on the third floor, at the Somerset County Administration Building, located at 20 Grove St., Somerville.
“There are so many older residents who contribute to our communities. We invite anyone to nominate a county resident who makes a positive impact in the lives of others,” said Freeholder Robinson, human services liaison. “It’s an honor for the freeholder board to recognize these community role models.”
To obtain a nomination form, click here or contact Eldercare Services Administrator Cynthia Voorhees at (908) 704-6346.
To be considered for “Profiles of Positive Aging” recognition, a nominee must:
- Reside in Somerset County and be age 60 years and above.
- Be an example of living a healthy lifestyle (lead a self-help group or health promotion activity).
- Show engagement in the community (volunteer, serve on a committee or be an advocate).
- Make a positive impact on the lives of others (mentorship, consumer protection or leader of a project that serves the community).
- Please note that nominees who were previously recognized are not eligible for this award.
“Profiles of Positive Aging” is one way that the Board of Chosen Freeholders honors individuals during Older American’s Month every year in May. This year’s theme “Connect, Create, Contribute” advocates that people age 60 and above should stay connected and engaged in their community, lead healthy and creative lives, and contribute the knowledge that they have acquired to others.
For more information, contact the Somerset County Office on Aging and Disability Services at (908) 704-6346 or toll-free 1(888) -747-1122, or OfficeAging@co.somerset.nj.us.