Outstanding Women to Be Honored at March 29 Dinner
Advance Reservations Due March 1
FRANKLIN – Reservations are being taken for the 2019 Outstanding Women in Somerset County awards dinner sponsored by the county Commission on the Status of Women.
This year’s program will be held Friday, March 29, at The Imperia, located at 1714 Easton Ave., Somerset. A cash bar will begin at 6 p.m., followed by a buffet dinner at 7 p.m. The cost is $60 per person. Advance reservations are required by March 1; reservations will not be taken at the door.
“I’m proud that we have so many accomplished women in Somerset County,” said Freeholder Deputy Director Patricia L. Walsh, commission liaison. “It’s wonderful that we can recognize these women and their accomplishments publicly – and being able to honor them during Women's History Month makes the event even more significant.”
Honorees are women who live in Somerset County. This year’s recipients by category are:
- Arts/Entertainment/Sports – Patricia McGarry of North Plainfield
- Business/Entrepreneurs/Information Technology – Jacqueline Morales of Bedminster
- Education – Dr. Wanda Brooks-Long of Franklin
- Environmental Initiatives – Melissa Almendinger of Hillsborough
- Government/Public/Social Service – Pamela Borek of Hillsborough
- Hometown Hero – Joni McKelvey of Raritan
- Journalism/Media/Law – Bernice Jalloh of Franklin Park
- Medicine/Health Services – Ileen Bradley of Branchburg
- Volunteerism – Kelly Mazzocchi of Peapack