Robert M. Vance, Tax Administrator
|Mail:||20 Grove Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
|Location:||27 Warren Street, 4th Floor, Somerville|
- Maintains all county records on taxable property.
- Supervises and directs all municipal tax assessors.
- Approves all assessments and orders revaluations when necessary to maintain tax equity for all citizens.
- Hears appeals filed by taxpayers on their assessments and orders changes where justified.
Tax Appeal Forms
For the year 2017, any tax assessment appeal must be filed by April 3, 2017 in the following municipalities: Manville Borough, Montgomery Township, North Plainfield Borough, Raritan Borough, Somerville Borough and South Bound Brook Borough. With reference to revaluation and reassessment districts, the petition of appeal must be filed by May 1, 2017 and those towns are as follows: Bedminster Township, Bernards Township, Bernardsville Borough, Bound Brook Borough, Branchburg Township, Bridgewater Township, Far Hills Borough, Franklin Township, Green Brook Township, Hillsborough Township, Millstone Borough, Peapack-Gladstone Borough, Rocky Hill Borough, Warren Township and Watchung Borough.
The following forms are available to download to file an appeal. The Petition of Appeal should not be filed until after you receive the postcard notice of the 2017 assessment and will not be accepted by our office until that time (generally around mid- February). Before the end of the year, it may be helpful to contact your municipal assessor if you have questions regarding your assessment. You may find that an appeal is not necessary.
Tax Appeal Form With Instructions
Comparable Sales Analysis Form with Instructions
Legal Guidelines for Tax Appeal Process
Understanding Tax Appeal Hearings
Instruction Regarding Comparable Sales
Added and Omitted Appeal Form (Deadline to appeal an added assessment is December 1st)
Municipal Assessor Contacts
To search for your assessment information, you may use the Records Search link on the New Jersey Association of County Tax Boards website.
Tax Board Proceedings
- January 2016
- February 2016
- March 2016
- April 2016
- May 2016
- June 2016
- July 2016
- August 2016
- September 2016
- October 2016
- November 2016
- December 2016
Regular Tax Board Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 12 noon with the exception this year of the November meeting will be on Wednesday, November 9th due to Election Day.
Publications from the Tax Board
Final Equalization Tables
- 2016 Final Equalization Table for Somerset County
- 2015 Final Equalization Table for Somerset County
- 2014 Final Equalization Table for Somerset County
- 2013 Final Equalization Table for Somerset County
- 2012 Final Equalization Table for Somerset County
Abstract of Ratables
- 2016 Abstract of Ratables
- 2015 Abstract of Ratables
- 2014 Abstract of Ratables
- 2013 Abstract of Ratables
- 2012 Abstract of Ratables
Abstract of Added & Omitted Assessments
- 2016 Abstract of Added/Omitted Assessments
- 2015 Abstract of Added/Omitted Assessments
- 2014 Abstract of Added/Omitted Assessments
- 2013 Abstract of Added/Omitted Assessments
- 2012 Abstract of Added/Omitted Assessments
Breakdown of County Tax Rates by Municipality
- 2016 Somerset County Tax Rates
- 2015 Somerset County Tax Rates
- 2014 Somerset County Tax Rates
- 2013 Somerset County Tax Rates
- 2012 Somerset County Tax Rates
- 2011 Somerset County Tax Rates