No results found.
Linda Porcaro, Director
|Mail:||27 Warren Street, P.O. Box 3000, Somerville, NJ 08876|
- Assesses and coordinates efforts of government and community agencies that work with at-risk delinquent youth and youth with emotional or behavioral disturbance.
- Plans and develops programs and services to meet the needs of this diverse population.
- Prepares needs-based plans for state and county government and distributes federal, state, and local funds for the development of programs and services to meet these needs. Also responsible for the development of sanctions and services for court-involved youth.
- Offers 24-hour response, immediate intervention, assessment, and family counseling for youth and their families who are in crisis. Also provides training and education to the community in the area of child abuse and missing children.
- Offers the Parents as Teachers program that provides home visiting services to families in Somerset County with children ages 0-5 through the auspices of the Central Jersey Family Health Consortium.
- Offers workshops to community professionals including schools, non-profits, and families on current topics related to youth and families. They are offered several times during the year with nominal cost to the participants.